Rive is a developer and licensor of breakthrough materials-based solutions for diffusion-limited processes, such as those in petroleum refining and chemicals and biofuels production. Through its Molecular Highway™ technology, an innovative materials science platform, Rive enables higher performing catalysts and adsorbents. Rive is initially focused on commercializing Molecular Highway technology in petroleum refining in Fluid Catalytic Cracking in partnership with W.R. Grace. Rive FCC catalysts are more accessible to hydrocarbon molecules, allowing refiners to profit by increasing production of high quality fuels, processing heavier crudes and increasing refinery throughput. To date, Rive Technology has raised a total of $47 million from The Blackstone Group, Charles River Ventures, Advanced Technology Ventures and Nth Power. Rive is expanding its commercial team, with both sales and technical service personnel.
Description of the Position
Rive is seeking a Director of Technical Services to lead the commercial launch of Rive’s Molecular Highway catalyst technology in 2013 in the North American refining industry. Rive has a strong preference for this individual to be located in Houston, TX or Princeton, NJ, but is open to exceptional candidates living elsewhere in the U.S. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a leader to build and lead a global technical services team and to play a key role in rapidly growing a technology business serving the refining industry.
- Build and lead a global technical services organization, initially in North America, to launch our Molecular Highway technology
- Lead a growing catalyst technical service program
- Direct catalyst application in units and guide customers as required through FCC operations to demonstrate technology value uplift; provide technical assistance to customers by troubleshooting operational issues
- Serve as the link between sales and R&D to put forth our best technology offerings
- Partner with sales in developing and selling an economic value proposition to refiners
- Recommend and implement new catalyst formulations working with R&D and JDA partner
- Assist in defining the playing field for our technology and related marketing, sales and business strategies
- Be the face of our technology to the refining industry, including speaking at industry events
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a BS in ChE. Related science degree may be acceptable if combined with pertinent work experience.
- 15-20 years experience in and / or serving the refining industry with at least 10 years of FCC experience preferably in operations and/or engineering
- Experience leading a globally distributed technical services organization
- High level of technical credibility
- Ability to contribute to strategic direction of company
- Expertise in refinery economics and related modeling tools (Profimatics, PIMS, etc)
- Catalyst formulation experience is a major plus
- Sales experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel
Rive Technology offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Stock options, medical/dental/vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off program (vacation, illness, family & medical leave). Rive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.Download PDF