Rive is a developer and licensor of breakthrough materials-based solutions for diffusion-limited processes, such as those in petroleum refining and chemicals and biofuels production. Through its Molecular Highway™ technology, an innovative materials science platform, Rive enables higher performing catalysts and adsorbents. Rive is initially focused on commercializing Molecular Highway technology in petroleum refining in Fluid Catalytic Cracking with W.R. Grace. Rive FCC catalysts are more accessible to hydrocarbon molecules, allowing refiners to profit by increasing production of high quality fuels, processing heavier crudes and increasing refinery throughput. To date, Rive Technology has raised a total of $47 million from The Blackstone Group, Charles River Ventures, Advanced Technology Ventures and Nth Power. Rive is expanding its commercial team near Princeton, NJ, with both sales and technical service personnel.
Description of the Position
Rive is seeking a Technology Licensing Manager to support the commercial launch of Rive’s catalyst technology in 2013 in the North American refining industry. Rive has a strong preference for this individual to be located in Houston, TX or Princeton, NJ, but is open to exceptional candidates living elsewhere in the U.S. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas and gross margin targets
- Work with marketing to develop and qualify leads and build a robust sales pipeline
- With a technical sales counterpart (and other resources):
- Assess and prioritize sales opportunities
- Manage sales process, coordinate account meetings, and coordinate sales support resources
- Prepare and issue commercial offers
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize appropriate agreements to close sales
- Work with our JDA partners in joint selling activities
- Develop and maintain executive and technical customer relationships at assigned accounts
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in direct sales to the refining or petrochemicals industries
- Proven ability to sell high-value technology (process technology, materials technology, software or other licensed technology) with an economic value proposition
- Experience leading multimillion dollar sales campaigns and introducing new technologies to the marketplace
- Proficient at establishing and cultivating consultative relationships with both executives and engineering and operations personnel at target customers
- Strong business focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and able to produce results with indirect supervision
- Ability and desire to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment in a high-growth company
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Additional consideration for candidates with:
- Domain expertise in catalysis and refining, especially fluid catalytic cracking
- Chemical Engineering or relevant technical degree
Rive Technology offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Stock options, medical/dental/vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off program (vacation, illness, family & medical leave). Rive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.